1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my fender bass copy from Tokai

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ruben contreras, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Ruben contreras

Ruben contreras

Dec 9, 2011
    Got this bass for only 50 dollars and its worth 300 but not gonna sell it sounds just like a fender p bass...nice bass for a great price

Attached Files:

2. FenderRick

FenderRick

Mar 30, 2011
    Croatia
    you got any more info? on the year of make etc...

looks really nice,my friend has tokai silverstar stratocaster from '82.it rips any fender strat to shreds!

3. Tokais are excellent basses... Just like any other MIJ Fender.

4. Paco

Paco

Sep 29, 2005
    The Netherlands
    That looks nothing like a Tokai...
    In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not. I had a couple of Tokai basses myself, they are Very good quality Fender copies, but this just doesn't look like that...

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    doesn't look like a tokia to me either. that one has a plywood body. the blacked out arm relief on the sunburst is what is a sign of that. it's most likely blacked out in he tummy cut on the back too (it hides the laminations).
    also, i've never seen the larger dot inlays (with smaller ones at the 12th) used on the tokai p bass copies.

6. Ruben contreras

Ruben contreras

Dec 9, 2011
    The bass was made in 86' its not that old but its real pain in bum to get more info on the bass but thats how fare i got

7. Ruben contreras

Ruben contreras

Dec 9, 2011
    Almost forgot its missing two silver plates on that goes on the pickguard and the lower part of the body we you put the strings on

8. I agree with those saying this is not a Tokai. It looks like a generic asian copy made in the 80's. What markings does it have that lead you to believe it's a Tokai?

9. Ruben contreras

Ruben contreras

Dec 9, 2011
    The serial number