Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Fender Bassman 400 pro just arrived

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Somebassguy, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    But I'll refrain from any kind of review for at least a few weeks lol ;)

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I bouhgt one a few months ago & I've been VERY happy with it!!!

My guitarist has an Ampeg VL1002 100W 1/2 stack & the Bassman does a great job.

3. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Have you added an extension speaker to it yet or is 350 watts suffice against a 100 watt guitar amp. I'm also curious as to how this amp handles the full 500 watt capacity. And I totally agree with you so far. Been playing this baby for a couple of hours now and the tone is absolutely incredible (though it is a bit colorful on a flat setting). But so far nice lows with a nasty edge! :)

4. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    my bassman 60 isn't bad, but isn't good either. i'm not surprised that the higher-end models sound good, though.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The one I have is an older. It dosen't have an output for an external speaker.

To my understanding, I'm running 350W into the 4 ohm 210 & it surprizingly holds it's own against the 410 guiatr cab.

I also notice that it seemed colored in the flat position. That's pretty much how I set it when I'm playing like & use the preamp on my bass for any minor adjustment.