My Fender Jag Showed Up Today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cmhgreg, Mar 15, 2006.

1. cmhgreg

cmhgreg

Oct 26, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    I spent an extra $24 to get Sunburst from Japan (Ishibashi). I ordered it on Saturday and it showed up today. That's fast service. A very smooth transaction, until the Customs Department decided to reach into my pocket and extract an extra $64 to claim it. I'm still confused about that. The lady at the Post Office told me they only see it happen once a year or so on packages received into that branch. I guess the Ishibashi people didn't claim the full value on it. I'll have to do some research on that. Oh well.

It is a beautiful bass. I'm glad I went for the sunburst. The only negative thing I noticed is the neck dive that has been reported already around here. I replaced the bridge with a Badass II and spent about 15 minutes on intonation. The girth of the Badass II helped balance things our a little bit. Are lighter tuners the only way to alleviate the neck dive? I like the look of these tuner and wuld prefer to leave them on, but I'm open to any suggestions that any of you might have.

I fired it up and and smiled. It growls like a pit bull. All kinds of tone. I'm not crazy about the strings, but I'll probably leave them on for a while. I won't be able to really cut loose on it until tomorrow, but by then the neck ought to settle in a little more. This is my first Fender, so I'm afraid I can't compare it to anything else in that regard, but it feels solid, the craftsmanship is flawless, the tone and output are awesome. And it looks killer.

Attached Files:

2. very cool!

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Very cool! Congrats and enjoy!

:bassist:

4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The service from Ishibashi is well above average. They were the greatest group of people I have dealt with in a very long time. Only one of the local shops comes close. One of my Jazz's came from Ishibashi.