Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Fender Jag Showed Up Today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cmhgreg, Mar 15, 2006.

1. cmhgreg

cmhgreg

Oct 26, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    I spent an extra $24 to get Sunburst from Japan (Ishibashi). I ordered it on Saturday and it showed up today. That's fast service. A very smooth transaction, until the Customs Department decided to reach into my pocket and extract an extra $64 to claim it. I'm still confused about that. The lady at the Post Office told me they only see it happen once a year or so on packages received into that branch. I guess the Ishibashi people didn't claim the full value on it. I'll have to do some research on that. Oh well.

It is a beautiful bass. I'm glad I went for the sunburst. The only negative thing I noticed is the neck dive that has been reported already around here. I replaced the bridge with a Badass II and spent about 15 minutes on intonation. The girth of the Badass II helped balance things our a little bit. Are lighter tuners the only way to alleviate the neck dive? I like the look of these tuner and wuld prefer to leave them on, but I'm open to any suggestions that any of you might have.

I fired it up and and smiled. It growls like a pit bull. All kinds of tone. I'm not crazy about the strings, but I'll probably leave them on for a while. I won't be able to really cut loose on it until tomorrow, but by then the neck ought to settle in a little more. This is my first Fender, so I'm afraid I can't compare it to anything else in that regard, but it feels solid, the craftsmanship is flawless, the tone and output are awesome. And it looks killer.

Attached Files:

2. very cool!

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Very cool! Congrats and enjoy!

:bassist:

4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The service from Ishibashi is well above average. They were the greatest group of people I have dealt with in a very long time. Only one of the local shops comes close. One of my Jazz's came from Ishibashi.