Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Fender P. wood burned

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Twine, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Wow, awesome job!

2. While I don't particularly like the artwork....I do like the effect...coloured stains and woodburn give the instrument a very interesting look. Good job.

3. Hey thanks for checking it out, this project was a lot of work stripping it was a bitch. At least I'm playing it again now, we saved it from a life in the closet when we did this. It took about two months to finish it, I can't believe I it worked when I put it back together :) but it did. I posted a song done with it here check it out. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201603

4. 4x4Given

4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Very interesting concept and good execution! The artwork is not my personal preference, but it's not my bass either. ;)

I'm not sure about the torching of the back though...

5. niiiice

6. I'll echo some comments: not my choice of artwork, but the execution is killer. You guys did an excellent job on that beast.

7. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Not my choice of artwork either, but yeah... totally killer job doing it. I think its pretty original as a concept, and well executed so as to stay away from some of the stupider looking aesthetic mods.

8. Looks like someone spent way too much time in the Boyscouts.

Seriously though, it looks sweet. Much cooler than if the designs were painted on in my opinion. It's not my style, but it would look awesome in certain settings! Glad you are happy with it!

9. Smokin!!! I like it alot :bassist: