Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My few G&L L2500 groove clips to share with you!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassophile, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Here are few clips that I've just recorded with my new G&L L-2500! I hope you will like it! (they are all improvisations over same drum groove) :bassist:

Slap groove is recorded with both pups, with all pots at full, parallel mode, Active ON (without treble boost).

Second groove is played with bridge pickup, with same settings as above.

Third and fourth have also same eq settings!

Clips are recorded through handmade studio preamp (without any EQ tweaking, because preamp has only input and output gain), then into M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card. I used Logic Audio Platinum software for recording. The drum loop is from Groove Agent VST instrument! ;)
    slap
    bridge
    neck
    neck+bridge

Note: I added links with old clips and two more: neck pickup clip and neck+bridge clip.

2. Simball

Simball

Mar 26, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Cool. Sounds good.

3. Thanks!

4. Sounds great, well done!

Those clips have got me even more frustrated over the wait for my new 2500 to arrive... :bawl:

5. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    WOW that was pretty cool. I thought it was going to sound like crap threw my computer speakers, but it didn't. Great job

Now if I can just get my Tribute L-2500 to groove like I'd be sit-en purdy.

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I own a Tribute 4 string model. I must say you must have your controls figured out. You have to know what all them knobs and switches do. Can you enlighten everyone else as to what all them purdy switches and knobs do? You know for the people who don't know:D

7. Thanks!

I heard that Tribute is very close to USA models regarding sound?

8. nice sound bassophile.

btw i prefer the sound of the brigde sample. :bassist:

9. After one week of having it, I think I figured out controls! First switch from left to right is for pickup selecting, second is series (to left)/parallel (to right) selector, third is for selecting ACTIVE with treble boost ON (left), ACTIVE with treble boost off (center position), PASSIVE mode (right). Knobs are MASTER VOLUME, HIGH CUT (when pot is depleted), LOW CUT (also when pot is depleted). Two tone knobs works like tone control on fender jazz bass, for example only with another low cut which fender doesn't have! It's not like standard boost and cut as in other active basses.
    Cheers!
    :bassist:

10. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Wow! Sounds great! Whats the neck feel like on those, a lot like an SR5?

11. I have one neck pickup clip of L2500 but due to limitation of memory to upload I will post it soon. I wouldn't say that it is like a SR 5, because SR 5 has hambucker closer to the bridge!
    It's more like faty Precision. ;)

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Rules.

13. Excellent bass. Love my L-2000 'till death.

Both pickups together yields the best slap tone indeed. Nice clips!

14. Sorry, I misunderstood you. You asked me about neck and not for neck pickup. Regarding SR5 neck I heard that it's a little thicker than L2500!

15. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Makes me miss my old L2500. I had a birdseye maple neck and board on a swamp ash body with honeyburst finish. What a nice bass that was....

16. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    How am I suposed to know that?
    I figured out the Volume and Tone like with in days of having it.............I'm kidding. It was confusing I went form one pick up and two knobs to 2 humbuckers 3 knobs and 3 switches.

17. I found these relatively strange knob functions very useful. Definitely this bass has plenty of USEFUL tones! (for gigs, recording etc) :cool:

18. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    My tribute definitely doesn't sound that good slapped. Then again I got it second hand with not so great older strings on it. I suppose if I bothered to string it fresh and set it up a bit better it might be close. I've just never liked the slap sound on it.

19. I've never played Tribute, but I heard that there are two types: Tribute and Tribute PREMIUM which has the same electronics as USA models. Maybe I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

20. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    No doubt they are usefull. I happen to be using them all the time. It's just I didn't know what the switches(Mostly) do. So thanks for clearing the air :hyper: