My Final DPcustom bass design

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Prague77, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    4 string

Neckthrough body, multi laminate 5 piece construction: maple wenge maple
    wenge, maple. Purpleheart fret board
    Dave's Headstock number 2, angled back, with standard black tuners with one HipShot
    Bass Extender on the E string.

spalted maple wood for the top
    mahogany for the rear, black hardware, and a HipShot Bridge, string through body. Neutrik locking input, and Dunlop strap lock system.

1 Seymour Duncan MusicMan pickup at the bridge position and a Seymour duncan
    J at the neck.
    Aguilar obp-1 preamp
  2. How much did/will it cost? If not all confidential :D
  3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    That is almost exactly I want on a bass! Lucky you! ;)
  4. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    Its confidential. But it is a very very good price for the quality and the options i asked for.
  5. I have Dave building a 7-fretless for me right now. I have enjoyed speaking with Dave, and have found him to be both very knowledgeable, and quite a gentlemen. Good luck to you on your project, the process is a lot of fun.

Best Wishes,
    DR Burkowitz
  6. Prague77, are you designing your own body?

did you ever think about springing for some good tuners, instead of Daves' generic? is the cost difference that much?

when I priced out mine, I went straight for schaller tuners and didn't even check the difference in price compared to the generics. the only thing I skimped on to save a few bucks was the EQ. I went with the 2 band instead of the 3.

what about your electronics, is it passive or what?

yeah, working with Dave is awesome. he always is very helpfull, and prompt. I got my bass pretty well loaded (for me at least) and the price came out to be better than anyone would imagine. :D thanks Dave for hooking up us "average working slobs" :D
  7. or is that just a sample picture he gave U?
    If so thats a nice piece of wood, bookmarked to center around that round wave would look sweet and having the black dots on the horns even more.
  8. Are you going to have the headstock laminated in the spalted maple too?

9. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    Do you think I should? Sounds like a good idea.
  10. or are u leaving it natural?
  11. Check out mine in link in my sig below.

I love the look of matching headstocks. That spalted would look great in the headstock, IMHO...

12. Jeff your bass look beatifull. :eek:

go ahead with your dream bass, then you can die happy. In my opinion look perfect too.
  13. that is one of the nicest basses i have ever seen

PS: Don't take up photography.:D
  14. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    Thats the exact wood, and Jeff's base inspired me to go to Dave for my bass :)
    Jeff's bass is wonderful looking.
  15. Hey! :D

If you're referring to the DP Custom pics, I didn't take 'em. Of course, if you're referring to the pics of the Sadowsky and Zon, well... do you have any pointers?? ;)

16. Thank you.

Remember, sweat the details. Be specific!

17. I was refering to the DP the other pics I like a lot very nice. Most people don't bother with lihting and background.
  18. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    Just told Dave to put on the spalted neck lamination. This should be quit and awsome looking bass imo. What do you guys think about string through bodys?
  19. Awesome bass Jeff. I love the wood. When's its ETA?

Definately go for string through Prague.
  20. Soon, I think. No rush. I want it whenever Dave knows he's done and not a minute before...