Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Finalized Chord Fingering Charts

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You may remember I posted my first two for proofreading. Well, I completely redid the second page (I believe there was some confusion with how I placed more emphasis on some chords when played without their 5ths than with them), and I've added a third page. For the moment I'm not going to make an additonal page with extensions, as I don't play them as often as these, but maybe I will in the future.

These are all basically for my use- I put down the fingerings that I find most comfortable and usable, and in some cases if I couldn't find a comfortable way to play an inversion of a chord, I'd omit it altogether.

If anyone would like to proofread them for any mistakes or if you have any suggestions for improvements, I'd be much obliged. Here are the monitor friendly-sized versions of the charts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. burntgorilla

burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Belfast
    It looks like you put a lot of effort into that, I would try and be more helpful, but I'm colourblind, so I have difficulty separating some of them apart. For example, that one right at the bottom, Minor Add9 3rd inversion, I can barely tell those three colours apart. Couldn't you do it with numbers instead?

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I have a different vision problem myself- I'm legally blind, so little letters and numbers are pretty useless to me as I can read them unless I'm very close, so bright or contrasting colors are the only way I can make them useful to myself.

4. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Those chord fingering charts looking pretty good to me.

Makes me wanna get a 5 string.

Something to think about I guess.

5. burntgorilla

burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Belfast
    Oh sorry, that sounds worse than colourblindness. Well, whatever works for you..

6. stressin

stressin

Jul 29, 2005
    Nice work Bryan!

Will there be a print-friendly version posted in the near future? :)

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  8. stressin

stressin

Jul 29, 2005
    Thanks a MILLION Bryan!

9. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Oh, and it appears the originally links to the charts are outdated and I can't edit my old post, so follow the links listed in my post a couple posts up.

11. Wow thanks alot Bryan! Those charts really help:D

12. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    Nice chord charts if I get some time I will try to proof them. What I would do next of make charts of II-V-I of the chords that voice together nicely.

13. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Thanks for the video.