Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My finger doesn't look too good..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fleabass89, Mar 8, 2002.

1. I punched my brother a while back ;) and anyway, now my fingernail of my left hand middle finger has turned all purple and it's swelled. There is a large swollen lump above the fingernail. This greatly impairs my ability to fret the notes on the bass .. and it just wont seem to go away! This happened weeks ago, and I still cringe when I play. What should I do?

2. don't punch your brother anymore

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    That's what you get for punching your brother. You'll get no sympathy from me!

4. Well if you must know the whole story,
    He was on the phone, like he usually is, 24/7, with his girlfriend... and I got on because I didn't know he was on, and needed to call someone. I began dialing the number, and my brother came out of his room, thinking I was just being a jack ass. He began unmercifully poundnig on me. Gave me two bruised eyes, a bloody nose and a fat lip. I gave him a punch in return.
    HIS FAULT!

:p heheh, so do you really think I should go to the doctor?

5. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Naaaawwww just chop it of with a pair of pliers.

6. steve 1

steve 1 Guest

Feb 18, 2002
    utica, ny
    your brother beat you in the face? other than that being the funniest thing ive heard, its also the most disturbing. how old is he? and how old are you?

7. Makes me wonder where the parents are........lol

as for the Doctor visit......I would just wrap it with some bandages, while it is soaking in neosporin

8. Im just going to take GrooveDude's advice, that seems pretty good.

:eek: Yes, he beat me in the face. I was so pissed off that I threatened to kill him, but he ran like a wuss!
    By the way, my parents were out, but his friends were here.. he was probably just putting on a show for them. mighty violent one at that. You should've seen the looks on my parents faces when they saw my blood all over the bathroom... He's 16, I'm 14.
    :D Disturbing, but funny because of how mad I was. That indirectly caused my carpet to get burned:rolleyes: annnyyyway

9. Hope your finger gets better!

Once, A two-liter soda bottle fell on my big toe. The toenail went through that whole black-blue thingy, and hurt alot for a while.

The whole nail eventually fell off. :eek:

(yes I tried taping it... it didn't work)(not a joke!)

It's very interesting how it grows back; it forms as a soft skin, and gradually hardens into a full-grown nail.

Hope you won't be able to share in that experience!

10. steve 1

steve 1 Guest

Feb 18, 2002
    utica, ny
    i remember once when i was about ten, i went to get out of the car at my aunts house, and my mom was driving, and i was right behind her, in the back seat. when i got out, my mom had her door open, and i grabbed that middle separator, and as i was pulling myself out, she shut her door on my right hand. i lost all the fingernails except the thumb. that sucks.

11. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Man, I am 27 years old and my brother is about to turn 25. In all those years, I only punched him in the face once. We were playing football in the street, in the winter. We got into an argument (which we did a lot of in those days) and he looked like he was going to swing at me. I told him, "You swing at me and I will swing back!" Well, he swung and missed and I caught him right square in his jaw. I had my mittens on, so it made kind of a "poof!" sound. He didn't say a word, he just stormed home. When I got in the door, he was crying and holding an icebag on his face. My Mom kicked my arse!

As I said, that was the only punch my bro ever received from me while we were living together. There was however plenty of pinching, poking, biting, hair pulling, kicking, spitting, scratching, name calling and slapping going on. I think your problem will pass in time. Don't push yourself too hard -- listen to what your body is telling you -- "I'm in pain! Give me some time!"

12. If you leave it go your nail will probably fall off. If you go to the doctor they will take a small drill but and drill trough the nail. I know it sounds painful but it actually feels good due to the pressure being relieved on the nail. That purple color is blood that is built up nder your nail.