My finished GORM pedal board!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SchecterC4, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Hey all. I saw that Armchair Bronco made a nice pedal board on the cheap in this thread and knew immediately that I would have to make one. The board itself is all of 3 dollars and is about 19 1/2" by 12". I'm only ~160 pounds at 5'11" but this little thing can hold a considerable amount of weight. I haven't stood directly on top of it, but applying pressure to it with one foot it feels sturdy and solid, so it breaking doesn't seem like an issue.

IMG_2543.jpg
    (Bad monkey purchased recently from gastric. Great TB'er! :bassist:)

IMG_2547.jpg

As you can see the spaces in between the boards is quite large. I'm able to fit a standard cable through on these ones, so routing the cables underneath isn't a problem, but in other threads people had to move the boards completely to make more room.

The velcro is quite strong as well!

IMG_2546.jpg

It cost me only 24 bucks to make one board. That includes the board, primer and black rustoleum for paint, velcro and nubby feet for the bottom so it doesn't slide around. In a week or so I'm going to add a 1/2" thick piece of plywood to the back like Armchair Bronco to have the back sit up 4-5 inches.

I didn't do a very good job on this one as it was my first time and I'm sure you can do better (ala Bronco's example). The cool thing is that it's highly customizable and it only took me 3 hours to finish from start to finish. :hyper:

Now.. off to Ikea! :D

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This looks very similar to my Gorm board! These things provide a lot of bang for the buck and are very cheap to replace should one break.

3. Bassman203

Bassman203

Mar 29, 2008
    Chicagoland
    I've made a gorm board pedal board too, but have yet to really finish it because I can't decide what velcro to get. What did you use? Everything I found was too expensive

4. I used the stuff I found at home depot and it was by far the most expensive part of the project. $14 for 15 feet of the stuff. It came in a blue box, but there were 4 or 5 other Velcro brand choices, all of which were more expensive for less material. I thought I was buying stuff twice as thick as what is on there, but didn't open the box to check. I like the look of the two rows of Velcro anyway. :p

5. Bassman203

Bassman203

Mar 29, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Ok, thanks. I also like the nubby feet idea. I didn't think of that, and I probably have something around the house I could use that we use for furniture.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021