1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My fireball video

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, May 8, 2006.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I'm kind of a pyro I guess. Me and my fried were outside messing around and I showed him how to make a fireball. I know, I know. "Its dangerous". I've heard it enough. I just want to know what you guys thought. I'm the guy making the fireball and my friend is the one lauging his head off.

The Video I have a feeling that this will go badly.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Awesomeness!!!

What did you use to do that?

BTW, Potato cannons are also fun.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Water is not that good for oil fires.

If you have any doubts, don't do it!!!

BTW, are you using the newer wd40 that uses CO2 as a propellant, or an older can with the propane?

4. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    "Cmon William, Cmon! Cmon, Cmon! Hehehehehe"

I actually got a good laugh out of that video. Good job.

5. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    That's an expensive fireball!

Also back in my pyro heyday we used to dissect fireworks (roman candles) for the long fuses. Then you attach the fuses to hydrogen balloons with tape and let them fly away then erupt into a huge fireball. You can make the hydrogen with some metal (such as zinc) and hydrochloric acid, both available from harware stores.

6. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Well, I bought that can pretty recently. I'd say after or during January. So unless they just recently changed it then its using CO2. Oh, and the fire, if one should start, shouldn't be too big, so water wouldn't really do anything. But if it happens to be big then use a blanket or something. I'd say the minimum requirement for this feat is to have played with fire at least five times during your life. That way you have experience. :)

And I might also want to point out that I was using a small can of WD40 (not the normal size. Kind of like a "fun size" WD40.). That might have a different spray length/amount. Really just expirament.

OFF also works, but it burns really fast so its really hard to control. I'd be careful if you're using OFF.

Haha. Yeah my friend wanted me to take the audio out before i put it on myspace. I did, and it just didn't look as good (you have to have that WD40 catching on fire sound for it to work). So yeah, he can just live with it. :cool:

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You forgot to say ha Do Ken

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No, no...not "c'mon"...it's "c'moan"

bc

9. karrot-x