1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first audition - An Update

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by fearceol, Jul 30, 2007.

1. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Hi guys,
    About two weeks ago I posted here asking for advice for my first audition in a blues band. Well it took place today and I think it went well as I have been invited back for another rehearsal soon. I kept in mind all your tips/advice and applied them as best I could and it seems to have paid off. Many thanks to all who replied to my original post. :)

P.S. As an extra bonus I was complimented on my tone. A great day indeed for me.

2. sweet man. sounds like u got the gig, or are at least close to doing so.

3. DavcomBass

DavcomBass

Nov 2, 2006
    Congrats! Did you have to read chord charts or bass clef notation? Was there even reading involved? Did they give you the music ahead of time? Just want to know as I have been practicing my reading and can't wait to hit some auditions. Thanks.

See me here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPYttU5TRYc

4. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Hi,
    They gave me a list of recorded songs to work on before hand. As I've been a blues fan a long time I learned them by ear. I've not been playing too long (I'm a late bloomer :p in my early 50's) and am not very experienced. My main worry was would I be able to hold down the groove with other musicians. I have a very basic knowledge of reading, though a good knowledge of chords/scales and the fret board were an asset as they changed the key of some songs.
    Anyway, best of luck with any auditions you go for. :)