Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first Bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gattigang, Feb 14, 2006.

1. gattigang

gattigang

Feb 14, 2006
    VaBeach
    My dad bought me a Fender 400 Pro HD and I would like to know if I can use the Fender 115 Pro Ext as a standalone? I know it's a 4ohm and was wondering would I be better off with the Fender 210 Pro or the 115 Pro both 8 ohm. I'm only 11 years old and really enjoy reading all the information on this forum. My dad mentioned to me if I ever want to learn I should post something and hopefully someone on this forum will help me. Thank you

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    That would depend on how loud you plan on playing. If you just practice, the 115 should be more than enough. If you plan on getting into a band/are in a band then the 115 should be enough for most practices, but is probabally not large enough to run gigs in most rooms without PA support.

3. gattigang

gattigang

Feb 14, 2006
    VaBeach
    my brother who is 10 years old plays a Les Paul Studio thru a Fender Deville 212 which is pretty loud. The music we play is mostly Rock and sometimes a little soul. I'm only 11 and been playing for about year now so me and my brother is just starting off. would you recommend the 115 Pro ext 4 ohm which was made for the combo or go with the 115 Pro 8ohm?

4. gattigang

gattigang

Feb 14, 2006
    VaBeach
    I also forgot to mention my youngest brother is 9 years old and plays a Tama Starclassic diamond dust 7 piece which I think he plays pretty crazy and he's pretty good.

[​IMG]
    My other brother jams on the Gibson
    [​IMG]
    Here's my Fender
    [​IMG]

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Man, I wish my parents would have bought me gear like that when i was 11! :eek: I would recommend you get the 8 Ohm one so you can expand later. You should still have plenty of volume for practice but if you start playing shows you can expand.

6. gattigang

gattigang

Feb 14, 2006
    VaBeach
    My brothers drums keep expanding so I'm hoping my dad see that I'm having interest. He told us if we do go to the next level we will end up getting Pro gear so the gear we have now is just for starters. Both my brothers started playing first so I'm the last to enter the band. A couple days ago my dad bought me and my brother a Bass and Guitar Pod Live for quiet practice I think I'm screwing up because I'm not tuned with both of my brothers. I know I will need to practice more and will have to practice on my own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's my 9 year old practice drum set for quiet times. He's on it mosly everyday after homeschool.
    [​IMG]

7. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Nice stuff dude. Your parents must be pretty rich/into what you're doing. Mine were always supportive, but it stopped well short of them buying me anything near that good.

Yeah, that cabinet will do fine. I prefer 15s to 10s, but I'm in the minority here.

8. gattigang

gattigang

Feb 14, 2006
    VaBeach
    I think my parents are pretty kewl letting us have decent stuff. My dad always tells us it's not what you play it's how you play.