Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my first bass and voice recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bryhey, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Bryhey

Bryhey

Mar 23, 2002
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I cant sing...but i tried...

my first try with vocal recording...

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=395973&q=Lo">Dot Dot Smiley Face (Studio Sample)</a>

leave some feed back

dunivan

2. Bryhey

Bryhey

Mar 23, 2002
    Ft. Myers, FL
    is it that bad

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, I'd say you really, REALLY need to get a metronome or drum machine and start working on learning rhythm and time.

4. Bryhey

Bryhey

Mar 23, 2002
    Ft. Myers, FL
    but im not looking for drums...no time or beat is needed if the bass is the music and the voice are the words...it is a song, bass and voice

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I didn't say yuo need to have the drums playing in the background. I said that you need a metronome or drum machine to help you learn time and rhythm, because the song doesn't really have either of those. Time signatures and rhythms can change in a song, but if you have no time or rhythm to it at all then the song will sound disjointed and unclear, and that's a quick way to lose the listener's interest.

6. Wurd;)

7. Bryhey

Bryhey

Mar 23, 2002
    Ft. Myers, FL
    i think i get it....

some sort of beat to the music and words...like make them all fourth notes and make the words have that same beat...

if its that, then thanks for the help...if not please explain a little more

8. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's pretty much it (I assume by fourth you mean quarter), although the words don't have to follow the same rhythm. Just listen to music; just about all forms of non-classical music have a steady beat or rhythm you can tap your foot to.

9. Bryhey

Bryhey

Mar 23, 2002
    Ft. Myers, FL
    ill try to work on that in future recordings

dunivan