1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My First Bass Build (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stickk, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    Here's an update on my bass build. The body's completely routed now, so I made these mock-ups of what it's going to look like:

3396253342_18250f2633_b.
    The body is made of ash. I burned the grain with a blow torch to give it the quasi-quartersawn zebra wood look. I took this picture before I got any of the burn marks out.

3396251248_40a4bfc71f_b.
    Close-up of the body. I'll be puting a kahler tremolo on it in the near future. The bass should be done by wednesday. What do you think?

2. Interesting. Does the lack of access to the higher frets bother you at all?

3. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    Not really, I can manage up high just fine.

4. Very cool looking body and I like the grain treatment. I'll be looking forward to it's completion.

5. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Is the neck centered?

6. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    Yes, it is.

7. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    Thanks.

8. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    Hey, I can tell you all about that tremolo. It is frickin' awesome, and mine stays in perfect tune, even when I go a little crazy! You'll need the Kahler 2410. If your current bridge, when strung up, has very low saddles, the kahler is gonna give you a HIGH action. If you will have your bridge saddles high, the kahler will be perfect. Sweet bass, man.

9. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    High action FTW!