1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My first bass comes home....kinda

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TC2112, Aug 23, 2012.

1. TC2112

TC2112 Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Parke County, Indiana
    I don't usually do "look what I won on eBay", or NBD threads, but this one makes me pretty happy - In December of 87,my parents bought me my first bass for Christmas, after I had been playing guitar for about three years. I was already in a band as a guitar player / singer, and our bass player was killed in a motorcycle accident in October '87. We couldn't bring ourselves to add someone to take his place, so I switched from rhythm guitar to bass and we continued as a 4 piece (keys, guitar, bass, drums). I borrowed a friends bass for those first 2 months until I got the 1984-85 Fender Squier Bullet bass. Fast forward to summer the next year (88), I was playing in a hair metal band and needed something that looked cooler, so I got rid of the Bullet. Now that I'm older and have a much better appreciation for those early Fuji Gen instruments (I have 5 of them), I regretted getting rid of that little bass that was my first.

[​IMG]

What that bass was traded towards -

[​IMG]

I found this on eBay tonight and got it with shipping for 260.00

[​IMG]

So, while it's not the same exact instrument that my mom and dad got me, it's as close as I'm gonna get, and I'm happy to have it back in the collection.

2. Jungy

Jungy

Jun 9, 2011
    Oz
    Nice!

3. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Sad Circumstance, but a Great Find to come closer to closing the circle, a little anyway. CONGRATS!!! :)

4. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Very cool, man!