Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my first bass is here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twiggy, May 24, 2001.

1. twiggy

twiggy Guest

Apr 27, 2001
    nc
    just took my bass out the box. i am poor so i went against most opinions and orderd the dean edge playmate. i have no clue how to play so i figured what the h@#$. for 119.00 if it was total crap my daughter could have a kool looking toy. but when i opened it i am impressed it looks kool,feels good i am like a 24 year old toddler happy as a pig in sh@# now if i can just learn to play it and that will be easier when the ups man brings my amp friday lmao. i think they send the amp a day later than the bass just to make you jones for some jamming time.. enough rambling to close i must once again say for the money this bass is made pretty da## good if it plays 1/4 as good as it looks i will be in love

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Congrats.

Nothing like a new toy, have fun.

3. Sounds good. Hope you like it, and, uh, watch out for G.A.S. It usualy strikes right after you get new piece of equipment.

4. twiggy

twiggy Guest

Apr 27, 2001
    nc
    ok i'll bite since i am the newbie what is G.A.S.

5. Gear Aquisition Syndrome:
    Symptoms: uncontrolable blathering to non-basists about your next bass, constant reading of catalogs, magazines and brochures on the subject of bass.
    Treatment: BUY MORE STUFF!!!

6. twiggy

twiggy Guest

Apr 27, 2001
    nc
    lol i got a bad case of that b4 i bought it and it only will get worse lmao. the board here and everyone around me will get sick of my rambling about bass playing and the need to play like mudvayne bassist ryknow. and my wife has already said learn to play b4 you worry about three jobs to buy everything ever invented for bass playing

7. twiggy

twiggy Guest

Apr 27, 2001
    nc
    a pic off my baby. lol proud poppa of a el cheapo

8. Hey congrads, like you said its your first bass, don't worry if people say its cheap, Dean makes pretty good stuff. I started on a beat up Peavy and am glad I did, the strings were real high so it was a big help to build up the hands.

Good Luck:)

9. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    My first bass was a Squire. Bought it new over 15 years ago. It's been stripped to bear wood, has a beautiful Warmouth neck (Maple w/ Ebony fb and Abalone dot inlays) and Carvin pups. I still play it almost everyday and love it.

10. Believe me, it looks worth a bit more than $119.00. It's nice and simple, one tone, one volume. I love Dan bodyshapes and headstocks. I've got the chance to buy the Dean Edge Q5, but I'll save a little longer and get the BTB405:p.

Just a little info on Dean: Many tout their Improv and Custom lines as some of the best basses on the planet. Just FYI:D.

11. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just now found out what GAS was, and I've had it for months. I can't stop talking about the Spector NS2000/5 I'm gonna buy in a few months....

let's hope I get the money to buy it or I'll die.

12. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    cheap basses are great! simply because they are cheap!!! i love them