My first bass is my dream bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Underdog, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Underdog

Underdog

Apr 10, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm 16, soon to be 17 (i'll stop counting in 5 years, I know. but I'm gonna say that as many times as I can before then!) and I bought my own bass with my own money. I used to hate it. Really badly. Following alot of the how-to's on this forum, I shielded my bass, repotted, and did countless other little countless things to it. I just replaced the bridge on it and realized, THIS was the tone I wanted.

I'm sure my feelings will change, but so will the settings on my bass's EQ. (Peavey Fury Mark IV) The neck is wonderful por me. The weight is superb. I love everything about the neck. I know many people go through their entire careers not finding "The One". How many of your found IT within the first two years of your playing?

2. acleex38

acleex38

Jul 28, 2006
    I didn't know jack as far as what I did or didn't like about tone until I'd been playing 13 years. I just lumbered through incompetently and looked up to the masters for their chops more than the tone.

Good for you! Sounds awesome.

3. congrats, now you just need the same thing with 30 different wood/electronics configurations

4. Underdog

Underdog

Apr 10, 2005
    Tennessee
    :bawl: and my wallet was almost rejoicing.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021