1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my first bass (picture intensive)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by g00eY, Apr 22, 2006.

1. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    hey everyone, this is to my knowledge an Epiphone Accu Bass Jr. with upgraded EMG pickups. it was my first bass about a year and a half ago that i got from my church. i have long since passed it on, but i got it back last night so i could do some basic setup/repair stuff to it. it's actually a pretty good playing bass, and with the EMGs it's got some pretty good sounds coming out of it. today i cleaned up the bridge, rewired some stuff that had come loose, and glued the nut back on. seeing the bass almost makes me sad, though, because there are massive cracks in the neck heel that are only getting worse. i've been toying with the idea of making a new body for it out of a blank. the whole thing is pretty beat up, dings all over the place, green gunk on the frets, scratched pickup covers, etc...

whatever, it's a great bass... hopefully i'll be able to bring it back when it finally does fall apart.

pics:
    heelcrack.

EMG.

Eheadstockback.

Eheadstock.

Efull.

Ebridge.

Ebody.

Ebackbody.

Eback.

lol... kind of a random post, but whatever. maybe i'll play it at church tomorrow :) .

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    wow, I really like the white body/black pickguard/maple neck combo. Super Classy.

3. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    My first bass was an Epi Power bass (basically like yours but all black and with PJ pickups), it had a playwood body but sounded decent. Its output was pretty low, though.
    I used to think it was kind of crappy, but I sometimes wonder how much of that feeling was due to my being completely inexperienced when I started out.

4. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    Hmmm. That looks exactly like my first bass. Color and everything. Well, I had stock pickups. Good bass.

5. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    the more i think about it the more i wanna take an alder blank and remake the same body. think about it: natural finished alder P bass. mmmmmmmmm, delicious.

6. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I owned a bass exactly like that. I defretted it, dropped in a MM pickup, and it was pretty sweet. There's a thread in the luthier's corner about the defretting and another in basses about the MM pickup.

7. Tom

Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    My first bass was almost the same. The only difference was color (black) and electronics (J pickups). I recall that the neck was really comfortable...

8. steve21

steve21 Banned

I have an Epi Strat in the same color combo.

I HATE it, personally.

the only thing I didn't hate was the neck.