My First Bass Project... Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oxblood, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey everyone, well im about to begin on my first ever bass project, and to tell the truth, i dont know a thing im doing. Il post all my specs and it would be greatly appreciated if you can tell me if this is a good idea or not? Thanks :)

-Bartolini M44C Soapbar Pickups from

-Bartolini 4.7 A/P NTMB PreAmp from

-Hipshot 4 String Tremolo Bridge from

-Hipshot Ultralite Tuners from

-Hipshot Ultralite Detuners from

-Schaller Straplocks from

-Dot Marker Inlay LED Lights from

-Headstock Laser from

-GHS Heavy Gauge Bass Boomers from

All of that on a Walnut B.C. Rich Warlock Style Body from Warmoth. For my neck, im not sure of what type of wood to use, but i know im going to go with the Ebony Fretboard with 24 Frets. This bass is of course going to be a 4 String and im hoping this bass will be perfect for slapping, which is what i do most of the time i play. I need expert advice if this is all worth the $2,000+ il be paying for this and if i should change anything? Also what would be a good type of wood for the neck? Thanks For Everything! :D
  2. ShamrayBass

ShamrayBass The Bass Custom Shop

Dec 29, 2004
    Moscow. RUSSIA
    You might want to consider a swamp ash body (rather than walnut).. if it was me, i'd be going for a solid maccassar neck on that.

Whatever you end up using for woods, its going to be one FUN instrument.... :)
  3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Hehe, I like the laser part. It would be funny if it scared people off because they thought it was a gun in the dark during a gig.