My first bass rig???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dylan, Nov 16, 2004.

1. dylan

Oct 1, 2004
    This will be the first stack that i had. I have mucked around with combos all my life and i am goin to purchase a stack.
    I am looking at a behringer head and ither a behringer or hartke quadbox, does anyone have this kind of rig or something of a similar price. I want plenty of head room and good tone???? Should i try a hartke head??? or is there any other good brands???
  2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    What's the price on those heads? Not entirely up on what Hartke and Behringer are charging these days.

The first thing to do is to look at used gear. You can get a very nice head for significantly less than it would sell for new if you look hard enough; many can be found on this site. As far as relatively inexpensive heads go, I recently played a Kustom 1200 and was very impressed. It's solid-state, but was pretty warm and quite flexible. It sold new for about $500, which isn't too bad. It puts out 1200 watts at 2 ohms (800 at 4), so it's got some kick to it too. To me, it seemed like a deal for the money if you like the sound. Keep an eye out for it.
  3. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Also would be good to know what you are looking for (ie what type of tone, features, price, style of music you play, etc)
  4. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    yorkville yorkville yorkville
  5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yeah we need more info.
    by quadbox do you mean a 4x10 cabinet????
    "plenty of headroom" = at least 400 watts into 8 ohms, IMHO. :smug: