Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by damo2576, Aug 19, 2004.

1. damo2576

damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    Hi,

Just got my first bass! Yamaha BB404 in black. Love it!

Some of you may recall my various posts asking for advice, moaning about my crappy encore. Well there'll be no more of those.

Still have to learn to play though. Its only been a week since I started....

Damo :bassist:

2. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Congrats and welcome to the world of bassplaying... :)

This site is great - lots of knowledgable and open minded folks willing to share.

3. Congrats!

You made the right choice!
    Bass guitar rocks....
    Just have fun and don't care of what people think of you!

Vince

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    and Mike Money... :p

5. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    welcome to the corps damo. yamaha is a pretty good thing to start out with. through the lessons, hours and hours of practise, sweat on the brow, blisters, blood and strange looking fluid coming out of your fingers and thinking about throwing the damn thing out the window remember this;.....***, i thought i had something inspiring to say but it's gone.

i advise u to join a band as soon as possible damo, you'll get a hell of a lot better very quick.

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Watch the language. No using "***" unless quoting Austin powers.

7. damo2576

damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    Cheers guys, I've already got loads of help from this site and various members! I wouldn't know the neck, be playing my major/minor/pentatonic scales, happy birthday (its was my girlf's bday), 7 nation army and I wanna be adored with out it!!! And all in one week! Hopefully next week will be even more productive with my new BB baby!

8. cosmodrome

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    it's my birthday too today!! and Whafrodamus, you're 16 years old right? i'm 29 today so i'll call you......Minime.

9. damo2576

damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    cosmodrome - how long you been playing?

i ask cos i'n 28 so feel like i have some catching up to do!

10. cosmodrome

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    i've been playing for ten years now. 3 years lessons (including contrabass, or doublebass as you call it) with the most horrible ******* as a teacher.

don't see it as catching up man. if you really want to learn you'll be groovin & movin pretty soon. just enjoy yourself, make music, go out on a stage and make people dance and cheer. trust me, there's almost nothing like looking into a venue/place/bar/whatever and seeing people dancing to the music YOU'RE playing.

11. damo2576

damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    i'd be interested in doing some kind of live electronic act with a bass but not sure if possible

12. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY

I'm 29 and just started a few months ago myself, so you're never too old to start :)

13. damo2576

damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    Did i mention I just got my first bass?