Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Satchurio, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Well, being a complete newbie to the genre of actually playing music, I decided to go on a whim and purchased a Squier on eBay.
    I have never even picked up an instrument since grade seven, but based on reviews here it seems Squier's are a very sound choice for beginning, so my question is basically, did I get what I paid for? :bag:

Face the Jury!

2. well, what did you pay for it?

also, squier quality control is pretty spotty...just hope you got one of the good ones.

3. Don't worry, I'm willing to bet that 99% of us here started off with a less than stellar gear. Just keep with it and decide if an upgrade is neccesary.

4. whatever you paid for it, if its in good condition, it will keep you happy for a while. not a bad choice to start playing on... however, later on, you will probably feel the need to get a higher end one.

5. jasonc

jasonc

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    For $96 I think that's fine for a beginner that's never picked up a bass. They're great basses to learn on. My first bass was a Squire and it did it's job well (gigging/shows)... I've sinced moved on, but still. It served it's purpose.

When you get it, maybe go get a set-up done at a local tech/guitar shop. If you like the way it feels/plays, no need to.

Good luck and congrats.