My first bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ousooner_4, Jul 10, 2001.

1. I just started playing, and I absolutely love this thing. I play for about 5-6 hours straight all day. I just bought a yamaha left-handed 4 string.
  2. j0 dude !

congrats on your new bass and welcome to talkbass..
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Welcome to TalkBass, sooner.

It's great you love your first bass. I didn't but it was all I could afford.

If you're like the other 99.9% of us, the day will come when think about cheating on your bass and you'll fall madly in love with with some music store cutie.

In spite of that, DO NOT sell your first bass. It may not make sense at the moment, but you'll be glad down the road. So many of us sold our first bass and we regret it now. Sure, many of them were junk but some of them are nice to return to occasionally, some get to look so doggy with time they actually look cool, and some rare ones become colletible.
  4. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yeah - unless it's a 3/4 sears bass with a warped neck. the only reason i would regret selling it is to look at occasionally and laugh. but let me tell you, when i first started playing that thing (in 5th grade) it was the coolest instrument in the world, and i played it ALL the time!

but i'm never selling another bass that i buy...EVER.

congrats on the purchase man, now all you have to to is practice :D

5. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Yay! Another lefty. That makes about 10 of us all together. :)
  6. Welcome to TB, sooner. Don't worry about JT, he's always like that.

Just don't talk about how 4 stringers are better than 7 around him. He might get all Kung-Fuqua-ish on you, and you DON'T want that.

Rock on
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass, sooner.:)

Do you have a teacher, or are you going it alone?