1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by AZNBassist, Dec 19, 2006.

1. AZNBassist

AZNBassist

Jan 14, 2004
    Denton
    Well last week I just got my first bass and needless to say, I'm a very happy man. A friend of mine who plays classical told me about a violin shop that has good basses. He told me that the luther he got it from deals with chinese instrument makers so at first I was pretty skeptical of the actual quality the luthers instruments could be, since chinese basses have the reputation of not being the finest instruments in the world. But I decided to go and check it out.

It turns out the luther only buys the high quality instruments from China and this bass in his shop happened to be one of those hand carved high quality basses. The bass in the store looked great and had an awesome tone, leaving me no regrets when purchasing my very first bass. After playing it more and more, I've come to the conclusion that my bass is a bass made in china rather than a "chinese bass". All in all, I'm a very happy man :D

Attached Files:

2. Nice bass! Good luck with her and enjoy.

P.S. Is she a Sam Shen?

3. AZNBassist

AZNBassist

Jan 14, 2004
    Denton
    Thanks a lot.

No, actually, I can't find any brand name or tags anywhere on the bass, so I have no idea who its made by...:meh:

4. if she sounds as good as she looks the no worries. Lot's of luck.

5. So who's bass is the gamba on it's side in the background??? Your's looks pretty sweet indeed. I love the camera angle that shows the sound post position. Anatomically correct ...

6. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    What's the label inside say?

7. LeslieD

LeslieD

Jul 25, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    I have an Eastman 305FR made in China. Check it out at http://www.eastmanstrings.com/eastmanstrings/basses/frenchbass.htm

I have no complaints. It's lovely. It's not fussy (I constantly struggled w/ my last carved bass whenever the temperature or humidity changed even a smidgen). It's worth every penny I paid, and more.

A good bass is a good bass. So enjoy yours and forget where it came from!