Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thulsa, Jan 16, 2002.

1. My friend decided to reclaim his Washburn that I had been borrowing for a few months. After reading through these forums, I decided to go out and find me a new one.

I was originally leaning towards the Yamahas, but came across the Washburn BX120. I saw two variations of the BX120, one which had 2 pots and a 3way toggle, the other had 4 pots. I plugged the one with the 3way in and it seemed to play real low. I then plugged in the other, and it seemed to have a lot more punch. They are a bit heavier than the Yamahas, but being a big guy, it suits me fine, I like the feel and sound of it. The price tag of $269US seemed fair as well. Seems like all the pictures I see of the BX120's show the one with the 3way toggle. Is the one that I purchased with the 4 pots an older or newer model?

Anyway, I am a definite newbie at the bass, but I am loving it so far. I picked up a lot of good tips on finding a beginner bass by reading the board here. Look, didn't even need to start the millionth "What bass should I buy?" thread. Looking forward to picking everyones brain as I get further into learning to play, as well as getting to know everyone. Anyway, thanks for all the good info!

2. Here ya go I hope I posted the right one. I know you said yours has four knobs, but I could not find that one on the website.
    [​IMG]

BTW best of luck with it, and good choice IMHO.

3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    hay man! welcome to talkbass, and the greater world of the low frequencies! that looks like a nice choice to me, congrats and dont ever put her down!