Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My First Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andy_beckett, Dec 27, 2002.

1. What do y'all think of it? its my first... so im curious... its the steve harris (iron maiden) fender artist p-bass.... a pic....

2. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Cool! looks like a good old fashioned rock 'n' roll bass!:) Christmas present?

3. well i got money and went out today on boxing day and bought it... it was 1200 retail (canadian)... but i only paid 500 for it... bargain... i haven't put it down for 10 hours...:D :D :D

4. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    wow, that's an amazing bass.

congrads on your first. :)

5. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Hey I wish Santa would have brought me one of those!! You must have been good, All I got was ...

Oh well, welcome to Talkbass by the way. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine. Heck you even posted your new bass in the proper forum.:D

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yes, welcome, Andy. Congrats on the bass, and not only did you make it into the right forum, but you even provided the nearly mandatory picture when announcing your new bass! Good job! Sounds like you got a heck of a bass and a heck of a deal!

7. Shark

Shark

Dec 19, 2002
    I don't like signature bass but that's really great!
    How old are u? I'm an italian Iron Maiden Fan

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    A Steve Harris Sig is an incredible first bass. You're going the be spoiled now.

Though, I suppose if you're going to do something, do it right...

9. Congrats on your first bass - a beauty P!

After I switched from guitar to bass I spent 4 years playing a knock-off (including 2 years semi-pro) before I got my first decent bass! It took me that long to save the ca$h!

10. thanks... im 16... i've never really been into maiden though... i mean not that i didn't like them... i just didn't hear them much... but i've found this bass sounds good with the non-maiden style music...

11. I've played one of those in the past and I was very impressed by the quality. It's a good solid P-bass with some extra features. Congradulations!!