My first biamp rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MuzikMan, May 7, 2005.

1. I've finally completed my vision of running bi-amped. I made a homebrew 2x6 cab using an Avatar B115, Eminence Alpha6, and an Eden 6 that I picked up on the bay. WOW! This rig has amazing clarity (see sig). I was a little concerned that using a 4th order Linkowitz-Riley crossover would detach the drivers too much but that is not the case at all. I like the idea of the steep slope for protection of the 6 inch drivers, and I'm not at all afraid to try different crossover points as a result. Right now 500hz sounds best to me.

Anyway, for those of you considering biamping I believe it is key to use drivers that are not intended to overlap frequencies but specialize in there own.

Thanks for allowing me to gush a little! :hyper:
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    now THAT should be a cool biamp rig. and as many of you know, i'm not a biamp fan as most bass cabs aren't really designed for partial frequency ranges. sixes are definitely some of the coolest midrange drivers out there.
  3. I've tried 4th order crossovers and frankly didn't like the result at all. But with 6" drivers, I think you're right that 4th order crossover will keep them alive a lot longer.