1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My first Custom Bass - Help needed

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RuleofThump, Jan 15, 2012.

1. RuleofThump

RuleofThump

Nov 10, 2011
    Hey guys/girls

I am currently in the process of building my first completely custom bass that will feature a korina body with myrtlewood top, and a flame maple neck with bloodwood fretboard..

Now, I did quite a lot of research and thought about a pickup combination from nordstrand that might suit what I am looking for soundwise.

Neck = Nord Dual Coils in parallel
    Bridge = Nord Big Split

I like the Hi-Fi neck sound of the dual coils and the fat JB style sound of the big split in the bridge position.

The only questions I have are:
    1. does anyone have any experience with this configuration? I know its not conventional...
    2. Will I have use of the split switch for the DC for a more JazzBassy sound?
    3. I am quite an active player (as you can maybe see in the link below) and qualities such as "punch" and presence in my slap tone are important to me, would you recommend these pickups/configuration?

RuleOfThump plays my Dingwall Prima - YouTube

Your help will be more than welcome...

Cheers,
    Or.

RuleofThump's Channel - YouTube

2. RuleofThump

RuleofThump

Nov 10, 2011
    Anyone? help? c'mon...