1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first dirt pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BigBobbyBass, Apr 16, 2015.

1. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    I just received my darkglass Vintage microtubes. Well, in short, it's the pedal of my dreams. I've never liked overdrive/distortion/fuzz on bass unless there was a clean signal combined. Darkglass nailed it with this one. My signal chain is as follows, Stingray5 classic>DG Microtubes>MB LMT800>Barefaced BigTwin2. I get that clean hi-fi(IMO) and a super warm tubey od.. Fantastic.

DrewM85 and BIG97BEN like this.
  2. Nothing nasty in your tweeter?

3. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    Congrats on finding your Holy Grail dirt pedal. It gets a lot of love on here. I've had one on my board for about a year now I think. Nice set up to go along with it.

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  4. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    No sir.. sounds awesome. . I do run the highs and high mids flat, and the horn/mid wide open.. (I know there is no mid in this cab, but to my understanding, thus driver does go lower than most tweets, that what my ears say anyway.)

5. Cool bananas. Life's good when you hit the holy grail. Leave now!

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Fantastic. Darkglass pedals are ones you keep for life :)

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  7. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    ...or sell immediately. ;)

Glad you found your gem. Took me a lot longer to figure it out.

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  8. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    Only because of talkbass. There's alot of negative here, but a ton of positive too. I think back to before the internet and all I had to go on was what bass player mag said, or what the guys i looked up to were playing. TB is quite a resource..

9. Ha!

I was going to say "My first dirt pedal.....should have said Darkglass on it"

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  10. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I could have saved a lot of money if I had bought a Darkglass first!

Then again, I couldn't shoot my mouth off about what's wrong with all the pedals I had before I got there :p

BigBobbyBass and FaithNoMan like this.
  11. Wrong Is RIGHT! Right Yaaa Wrong! Right Kind of Wrong

[​IMG] 220px-RightYaaWrong. MV5BMTU5NDI3MzUzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI2MTQ5MDE@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.

What's wrong with all those pedals being flipped might just be right for the next owner, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Congrats OP on finding your pedal. I lucked out, my first dirt has thus far been my favourite flavour, too.

BigBobbyBass likes this.