Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My First Double Bass!! And I LIKE IT!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Klelewon, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Klelewon

Klelewon Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hello all,

This is my first DB post. I just purchased my first Double Bass last Monday. It's a laminated 1/2 Meisel and cost 2K. I love it. Can't keep my hands off it.

Just needed to share. :D

Klelewon

2. Welcome to the Dark side! Good luck, be patient, get a teacher, and take advantage of this great resource (TB/DB). Keep us posted on your progress!

3. I'm amazed! Someone here who actually likes the double bass? :eek:

Seriously, that awesome. I hope you stick with it, and hang around here! :bassist:

4. Way to go man! I bought my first bass in about 1957, with money from my paper route!
    I wouldn't put mine down either! I even use to lay on my bed and play.
    Be sure and visit all our newbie links so you can join in all our weird threads....A bunch of fun people here! The more you learn about all the phases of our instrument, the more you'll enjoy it.

5. Klelewon

Klelewon Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. This is a great site. Newbie links, topics, and discussions, are all very helpful.

Thanks again!

6. no sh*t you love it. Excuse the vugar language, but it seemed appropriate at the time. Anyway, before I played DB bass was a hobby, now its what I want to do with my life.

7. Michael Nickerson

Michael Nickerson

Apr 24, 2003
    Maine
    Way to go!! I played EB for many years and got my first DB several years ago. I first wondered if I'd get board with its "limitations" but as soon as I picked it up it was like the light suddenly came on. A whole new exciting world of bass playing opened up and I haven't been able to get my fill since.

I know that you're going to get a lot of enjoyment from your new DB and you're going to become a better musician because of it.

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    agree. I got my DB about 8 months ago, and love playing DB. To me it's what bass is suppose to sound like. I'm just having a hard time getting the band to let me play it full time in the group:rolleyes:

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm no longer the rookie!

You guys gotta quit calling me names like "Kid", "Junior", or "Rook".