Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first electric bass audition!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I made the cut! I'm going to be in the talent show at my school! I'm going to be playing The Awakening by Primus/The Reddings. My first bass audition, and I made it! I'm so stoked :D

I'll let you know how it goes, and possibly will have video/audio footage of the performance, which is on December 4th.

:bassist: GO ME :bassist:

:D

2. SWEET. i too am thinking bout doing the school talent show. check my thread

good luck!

3. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I saw yours. It angered me. STEAL MY THUNDER, WILL YOU!?!?!

:p

I am doing it with a drummer, because well, it has to be with a drummer. Although, I auditioned without one. But, it is a big confidence boost to be up there with someone else, especially Christian who I have played with before, and we lock well. Of course though, it IS going to be all about ME ;)

4. Good luck Nick! Good idea with the drummer, I personally thing the song would be odd to play without one. Let us know how it goes!

Yours Truly,
    Tyler Hole

5. ditto all the way man. AND VOTE IN MINE! :spit:

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    You mean The Awakening by Les Claypool (and the holy mackeral, if you want specifics)?

but seriously, good luck.

7. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Its all the same ;)

Yeah, thats what I meant :D

8. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yeah, it would be hard to pull off without a drummer. A drummer helps to fill up a lot of the sonic space, especially in a song like that.

And DEFE, I voted, THERE, YA HAPPY!?!