Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first FBB bass is one the way

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 2, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I almost went to carvin to get a 5 string but i found out about FBB so i will be getting 047-02 from the in stock page. I will let everyone know what i think when it gets here probably tuesday. Check it out www.fbbcustom.com

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    w00t! nice bass! I'll be watching for a review and pictures when you get it :bassist:

3. Cool man, you wouldn't have been let down by the Carvin, but FBB makes some nice looking basses, I know xush has acouple. I've never played one myself, but since its made in New England it has to be good =), Hell I could probably drive down to his shop and check one oot myself, I'm just north of him.

4. Enjoy that bass, dude! I certainly did when I saw it at the shop a little while back. It looks so much better in person.

5. mrsfnkta

mrsfnkta

Dec 7, 2001
    You will not be disappointed at all. My avatar is my custom 4 from Matt. Amazing work he does up there in Massachusetts. Have fun with that bass, and be sure to post a review to spread the word and good cheer.

Jim

6. mikestack

mikestack

Sep 17, 2002
    Boston
    I played your bass when I was at Matt's shop. It's a killer instrument. I have to confess, I'm sorry to see it sold....:rolleyes:

7. yeah, I got to play it as well, I wish I could have snagged it before you but I think the bass I am going to have matt build for me will follow your wood layout since I loved the tone and feel (see sig. below ) with a similar headstock to yours and a body design like Xush's (#10-62). Oh man, I can't wait until i have enough money.:D

8. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    heh, I am impressed by your foresight;
    notice how he says his first FBB...

those proto's are going quick, Matt's hardly got any stock left looks like. I hope there's at least one or two for the Bass Summit!

MM, really looking forward to hearing about yours.

Jim's is what inspired me to try a buckeye top, and I really like the shape of his bass too.

Nick, your recipe sounds really good. That's going to be nice. But, there's never enough $! That's why I went ahead and commissioned my next one anyway... why let a little thing like $ slow me down!
    ;)

9. Thanks for the insight. I might just have to call or visit matt and pick out the woods and commision my first but not last custom bass.

10. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    well, that probably wasn't very responsible of me...
    maybe I'm hoping that it would soon have to go up for sale and I could snag it.
    But they are nice!

do it! do it!

11. :D :D

12. MAJOR METAL

Thanks guys, i just cant wait i am making the big jump to a 5 string i have been playing 4 for a long time and i thoght this would be a nice switch. Going to all new lows keep rockin:bassist:

13. MAJOR METAL

does anyone have expirence with fed ex tracking does it tend to be slow. Matt sent the bass friday and is still not showing up.

14. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    it can take a while to show up in the system. If it went out late Fri, maybe it's still processing before it hits the site. Shouldn't take much longer than that though, might want to call if it doesn't show up by tonight.

I had one show up in person before it showed on the tracking site! I'd check if you don't see it by tomorrow. I have had packages turn around midway and start going the other direction!

Don't panic yet though. Give it a few more hours...

15. MAJOR METAL

still nothing on tracking maybe i will be one of those people that has the bass deliverd before it shows up on the internet tracking.

16. MAJOR METAL

Mark

When is your new FBB bass going to be in your hands. Did you already reserve your spot for the next one the semi hollow bass.

17. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    not sure on #62 yet, should be pretty soon I hope. I think we're waiting on some hardware still.

#73 is my next commission, specs to be determined. We've got a little while before he can get to it...we're going to try to go totally 'nuts' on this one.

since my first commission was #51, looks like I'll shoot for every 11th bass Matt makes from now on...

18. MAJOR METAL

The bass is on the truck for delivery the suspence oh the suspence. I will start a new thread when i get it today.

19. MAJOR METAL

check new thread on my bass:)