My first Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrBasseyPants, Feb 18, 2006.

1. MrBasseyPants

MrBasseyPants Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Hi all,
    I've been a long-time lurker, but i wanted to share since it seems everyone else does. So, I finally bought my first real Fender....a Geddy Lee Jazz. Everyone here basically "talked" me into it. I was looking for something new for fun, and this is it. Most other things I wanted were too expensive, but the $50 gift certificate I had at GC made me buy something! I just realized that in 17 years of playing bass, I've never had a it can sit happily alongside the rest of the family. No pics as it is the same as all the other stock ones....although I've never had an all black bass before. That could contrast the Natural Stingray nicely!

2. steve21

steve21 Banned

Dude, none of your stuff exists unless we have pictures.

Glad to see have you at TB, and glad to see you like your GL.
  3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    You never said what you thought of it? BTW, awesome choice for a first Fender.

BTW, I just played a blues gig tonight with my Geddy, and it was A BLAST! Man I just tweaked the setup a couple weeks back and the thing just plays even more effortlessly now. Hard to believe this is a circa $600 bass. I hope yours is as good as mine. I NEVER tire of playing it. It's unbelievably FUN, and I always get compliments on its tone. It was seriously growling tonight.
  4. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    So what are you going to do with that "never-play-it-again" natural SR?????
    PM me for a quick sale.
  5. MrBasseyPants

MrBasseyPants Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    OK OK, I attached an electric family order of acquisition.
    * First my 1976 first bass (the badass was already installed). I've since replaced the pickups with the v63 version (I think) since the original pickups died and the metal parts were looking terrible. I just realized though that I think I put the bridge pickup plate on wrong....never really noticed before.
    * Next is my 1994 Yamaha Attitude Standard...this bass got beat up in college. the body is in need of a repaint...badly... as it is chipped and cracked all over. I think I'll make it some sort of does have EMGs in it.
    * Next is the Conklin GT-7. It was defretted and stripped before I got it. I got a great deal on it, so I couldn't pass it up. The oil finish really makes this thing unique I think.
    * The Stingray was my dream bass for about 10 years....its my main axe now.
    * ...and finally the new Geddy Jazz. I just pulled it out from the bag. I was all set to buy the one hanging on the wall, but they brought out a brand new one for me instead. I was OK with this since I think the in-store model had been played a lot. I need to play it more and make sure it is as good as the one far I think it is. now I think all my electrics finally exist!.

Attached Files:

6. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Wow nice herd! Congrats on the Geddy. I got mine two months ago and it is here to stay!