1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My first Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PauliePower, Apr 25, 2009.

1. PauliePower

PauliePower

Dec 9, 2008
    Reading, UK
    At the age of 23, and after playing for ten years, I've finally decided to trust myself with something a little better than Squiers and the cheaper Peavey models. Have spent a while doing research, and tonight I've finally bought my first 'proper' Precision.

It's a second hand CIJ of 2004/2005 vintage with a Seymour Duncan pickup of unknown origin. I'm guessing it's a SPB-3 (Quarter Pounder) but am willing to be corrected. I have no idea what the exact model of the bass is, as the eBay auction didn't say, and Google isn't bringing up anything useful. Is there any way of telling once it turns up? The bass has cost me almost £400, which as far as I can tell, isn't bad considering the added pickup and a free hard case (always a bonus).

Couple of photos 'borrowed' from the auction. Will take a few more once it shows up and I've had time to look over it.
    a916_1.
    ac09_1.
    baed_1.
    c205_1.

2. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    It looks nice and pretty. That's a nice color combo. I've heard nothing but good about Japan Fenders.

3. I predict you will love it.

4. That's a QP for sure. Awesome bass. :D

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Is there a useless looking button on the back of the headstock. If so it's an oldschool straplock button and your bass is probably some version of a reissue. Even if it isn't I too predict you will love it. They are excellent value for money.

6. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Your new bass is Geezer-licious - congratulations!

7. PauliePower

PauliePower

Dec 9, 2008
    Reading, UK
    I won't know for certain until it shows up. But had a quick look back through the photos, there is something on the back of the headstock, does that look about right?

BQwW1TBmkKGrHgoOKkEEjlLm0GPBJ6ljT0F.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Definitely a reissue...maybe a 62 reissue. Now I really think you are going to love it.....those things rock.

9. experimental bassist

experimental bassist

Mar 15, 2009
    Yeah that's a strap button on the back of your headstock.

NIIIIIIIIIIICE Bass! :bassist:

10. Very nice!! Enjoy! :bassist:

11. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Good for you. Enjoy your new bass when it arrives.

12. You can't go wrong going with a fender, especially one that looks that nice.

13. Congrats!!!

14. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Superb... well done!