My first foray into FX

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wRaith, Sep 27, 2005.

1. wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi all,

Today I bought an Ibanez DE7 delay pedal. I love it. Finally Disposition sounds right (yes that's right, I tried to play it without delay :smug: ), at least until I need a whammy.

What do you guys think of the DE7?

What are some other songs with well used delay? I'm looking for other decent sounding songs with delayed basslines to show off my new pedal some more.

Finally, I'm looking at putting together a pedal board over the next few months. I'll get a distortion, flanger/chorus, wah, whammy (maybe even a bass whammy :eek: ), and obviously my delay pedal. Is that a decent sort of setup to do most things. I'd like to play along the same technique as Justin Chancellor and use my effects to add a different dimension to my sound.

Thanks guys.
  2. start listening to Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel etc) and 70's Pink Floyd.

Sleepless features crazy 16 note delays and Tonys own Funky Fingers. Made famous in Australia when the sample was used in the intro of the theme for the ABC show music video show Rage.

One Of These Days is a classic floyd tune with mad bass delayed effects - initially done with multiple basses, but ably ripped by Guy Pratt live using a delay effect and a stingray.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The DE7 is a great inexpensive digital delay and I used mine for years before selling it. I'm almost tempted to get another, but instead I'm waiting for one to come along that I love with a tap tempo feature. That was my only gripe with the DE7.
  4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I personnaly couldn't really use a delay without a tap tempo.