1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first foray onto the bay in years.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pickles, Mar 20, 2006.

1. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    f9_1.

This is the amp I should have bought all those years ago when I got my SM400S, which I loved the tone of, but it was never quite loud enough. This one was made at about the same time I got mine ... "old school". :D

Maybe I like it, maybe I don't but at the price I paid I should have no problem turning it around it it doesn't do it for me. I usually don't dig the whole ebay thing, but this thing was calling my name.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    wow,

sweet pickup. every other innard has probably been touched by steve rabe hisself. ;)

3. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I think I may be one of those guys who just can't get over the way amps sounded when they were coming up. When I was in high school and college, SWR was IT.

I'm just like the guys who can't get over their '72 SVTs, only I'm 20 years younger. Pretty funny.

4. schmittuml

schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    thats a pickup......something bout low prices make you buy it even if its not a need.