1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My First Fretless Bass, Eastwood EUB-1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shezz, Aug 7, 2007.

1. shezz

shezz

Aug 7, 2007
    Hi All, I am contemplating buying my first Fretless Bass,
    Possibly an Eastwood Eub-1 Firstly how hard would it be to
    put fret lines on it, And what would be the best way of doing it. Also does anyone have any experience of above mentioned bass.........Shezz

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I don't have an EUB so excuse the potentially dumb question: Are there dots on the side of the neck? If there are have you played a plain fingerboard with side dots and not found it to your liking or do you think that the lines would be more beneficial? If it does have the dots and you want lines until you are used to it a little more can't you use painter's tape for the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th frets? I'd hate to get a lined EUB and find out after a while that I didn't need the lines after all because from there on out every other EUB player will look at your bass as if it had training wheels on it. I could be way wrong mind you.