1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first G&L (and first post)

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by High Elbows, Aug 29, 2008.

1. High Elbows

High Elbows

Feb 13, 2008
    Philly 'burbs
    Hi everyone!
    I've been frequenting this forum daily for a while now. Great source of information! I figured I would make my first post here, because I just bought my first G&L. Its an L2000 Tribute. (blueburst)

I LOVE IT!

I am used to thinner necks...Ibanez, Schecter. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be comfortable. I got it on Ebay, and I had never played one before.
    I am just blown away by this thing. The tones I can get out of it are amazing! My main axe is my Schecter C4 which I really like, but this G&L is giving it a run for its money. The neck is taking me a little getting used to, but I am beyond happy. I'm a 4 string player, but I have a Peavey Millenium 5 string, (which I don't play very much) and I'm hoping that this bass gets me more comfortable with a bigger neck.

I really can't say enough about this beauty!

2. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    Before long the G&L will become your main tool of choice. Trust me on this. There are 2 basses laying around in the case at my house. The G&L L-2000 gets all the love.

3. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase. While it might take a short time, you will get used to the wider neck.

No need to sing the praises of the Trib. L2000 to you as you are already converted. :)