Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first gig in 8 or 9 years!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by arther daily, May 9, 2001.

1. I played my 1st gig in about 9 years on Monday!

It was really cool, I was VERY nervous, but got through it no probs... actually I made loads of mistakes, but none of them were real clangers so it's not so bad!

For all you London-ites
    We have another this coming Wednesday 16th May at the Kings Head on Fulham High Street, on stage 9pm. Band = blackseafire.

We play rock, so if you like rock, please check us out. You might even like it?

2. nice to hear man. Glad you had fun! Keep the gigs goin man :) (maybe this should be in gig stories)

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Congrats - I am actually getting into a project for the first time since 1990. I decided to go out the the local open mic night and pimp myself out to play bass for anyone who wanted. I played about 3 hours straight of tunes I didn't know. That was a big relief because there was no pressure. I think I'll be better prepared when I start gigs again.

Congrats again and let us know how things progress.

4. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Cool! I'm getting ready to debut my first band in about 6 years, so I know how you feel!

5. Ah, yes, gig stories.. didnt see that...

When I got on stage and picked up my bass I felt like it was left-handed or something, then as soon as we started playing it was sort of automatic!!!!

An amazing buzz.

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you meant a gig with a bass guitar. so it's off to BG we go. in fact, this should really be in bass humor and gig stories, so that's where it will go.

wow, arther, shootin 0 for 2 :D ;)

7. Was that not in Bass Guitar?

I am truly losing my mind?

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you were in DB OT. yes, i think you were losing your mind. :D that's ok, aren't we all? here i've been since 8 a.m. trying to record, just taking a break right now. THAT'S nuts. ;)

9. BTW: what does this mean? - - >

"wow, arther, shootin 0 for 2"

???!

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i was just makin' a wise crack about how you posted in DB instead of BG and OT instead of bass humor and gig stories.

just being my usual wise-a$$ self. sorry if it seemed otherwise, pay no mind :D.

btw, congrats on the gig. i wonder if i'm going to have to wait another 8 years for a gig :rolleyes:

11. NO, no I just didnt get it! I am dangerously slow on the uptake today...sorry!

Here's a photo of the gig! - - I'm the guy 2nd from the right, playing bass, funnily enough.

12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    kick a$$! man i'm jealous, we haven't played out in a year. :Rolleyes: and it looks like it will be a while before we do - we want to finish our CDS up and have them for sale at our gigs, so we are waiting to perform until then.

13. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    WoW! I wish I could play a rock gig in London! That would be way cool!
    Hey Arther wanna swap gigs? I'm playing in Pana Illinois saturday. Cow pasture with a bunch of Harley riders.

14. The grass is always greener...

It was only a small gig mind... this weds should be bigger & better, hopefully?!