Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Monkey-T, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Monkey-T

Monkey-T

Jan 24, 2001
    After just reading braindeads thread, ive decided to write about me first gig...
    Well our band formed in a school music class, i've had been wanting to do a live preformance for ages, but no one wanted to, but finally this multicultural week came up and some bands played at an assembly, anyway they agreed to play because they got to wear free dress and miss out on a day of school, only 1 song, and a song i hated, but it was live so i went along (it was that 'blue monday' song by orgy), ok in the morning we are all hyped about it, i actually got to school early for once, first off we played for the year 7's and 8's, we were doing good, untill our drummer forgot to do a drum roll, so we paused for a few seconds, then started playing again. Our guitarist who really really wanted to be a musician for a career lost all hope in ever becoming one, gave up compleatly cos of one mistake and the crowd thought it was part of the song!, although i would have liked to play something a bit more challenging i really liked playing in front of a crowd, and i wanted to play for the year 9's and 10's after morning break. Belive it or not i managed to get everyones confedence up again, in 30 minutes as well :), we went on stage, the crowd claped loudest for us even though we hadent even started yet. We palyed the song perfectally this time, and the crowd loved us, and we got much praise for a week or so. I cant wait 'till my next live preformance. We are forced to do one in year 11 which i recon is great, maybe we will play a better song so i can show off :).

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It'd probably be a good idea to spend a little more time in English class.

3. Monkey-T

Monkey-T

Jan 24, 2001
    give me a break, i was very tired when i wrote this!

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well think how tired you're going to be after an 'all-nighter' with at least 40 songs! ;)

5. Actually, that's a New Order song that Orgy butchered. I don't blame you for not liking it. ;)