1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first gig...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Wow it was crazy.

It was at my high school and was a mock battle of the bands that helped raise money for a girl in my school with cancer. It started right after school and ran until 10 or so. We were scheduled to play at 6:10 to 6:30 but we got our time slot changed at the last minute. It got changed a few more times but eventually at 8 we got on. We played our songs exceptionally well and got the first standing ovation of the night. We got alot of complements and did very well. Even when the band after us came on they kept yelling out our name.

Overal it was a great exsperience and alot of fun. I wish we could have kept playing. 20 minutes is not that long...

2. What covers did you play?

3. Jimmies Chicken Shack - Milk
    Jimmies Chicken Shack - When you die your dead
    The Ramones - Blitzkrieg bop (with added solo at the end)
    Life of Agony - Last Cigarette
    And some song my guitarist chose

I didn't really have much of a say on them but these are the songs that we could agree on.