1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my first gig!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by playibanez, Oct 4, 2006.

1. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    just booked my first gig next month. we are playing knitting factory in manhatten. a 25 minute-half hour set. im so pumped right now...and a little nervous because this is gunne be my first time playing a show. and we kind of need lots more practice, which we are gunna cram in. and i am kinda scurred that something is gunna happen to my equipment, but i gotta start playing shows eventually so i figured that was inevitable. but yea im really excited !

2. DaemonBass

DaemonBass

Mar 29, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Try using some grammar in your English and you might get a better response. I can't tell if this post is a joke or what. :confused:

3. Good luck with you gig! Nerves play a part to a greater or smaller part in any gig, but remember, whatever happens - enjoy it!!

4. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    First gigs are always fun.

Bass player in a rap band?

5. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Is the Knitting Factory a jazz club?

6. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    What a cool place to have your very first gig! Congratulations!

Practice a lot, and get plenty of rest before the show. You'll be great!

Cherie :)

7. good luck and lets us know how it goes.

8. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Knitting Factory rocks, great gig!!!

9. I kinda miss those first gigs when the nerves were on the outside and I didn't remember what had happened on the gig afterwards because I'd been so nervous.

Enjoy it!
    And use that nervousness before the gig to fuel your efforts to get ready for it, and when you're on that stage just play and have fun.

/Ff

10. Corona_Clyde

Corona_Clyde

Sep 10, 2006
    I remember my first gig. It was at my school's homecoming at a bandshell. We had technical difficulties and you couldn't hear our singer. Our band still sounded good. Just get lots of practice in and talk to each other if you feel that something isn't going well.

11. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    My first gig felt just like riding a roller coaster! I wish I could get that feeling back these days.

12. Cajunmetalist

Cajunmetalist

Aug 26, 2006
    Eunice, La
    There's always a Grammer nazi in every board.........

Good luck with the gig man!!!!!!

13. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    naw its a music oreinted bar(i think i should have just said club...). alot of up and comming bands play there and some known bands play there also.

now we are actually trying to play something close, becasue i dont live in ny, before that show. but i doubt we will on such short notice.

yea il let you guys know how it went, and probobly toss some pictures up here.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021