Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My First Gloat Thread

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by jazzbassnerd, Sep 7, 2004.

1. jazzbassnerd

jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    As the title suggest, I have never done one of these before so please forgive me if I do not follow proper form.

I'm really excited about a new bass I just purchased from Lemur Music. It is a 2001 Emaneul Wilfer Edleweiss (spelling?) Model and it sounds fantastic! Incrededibly clear, even from top to bottom, round tone, great growl, etc. I wish I could post pics but I don't have that ability at the moment, maybe in a couple of days if I can.

--Scott

2. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    No gloating without pictures!

Congratulations . . . ;)

3. Thats great man. If you can, post some pics. We do like stuff like that ;)

4. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Congrats.

The Wilfers are nice basses.

5. Humberto

Humberto Supporting Member

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BASS. HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU AND WHAT KIND OF STRINGS ARE YOU PLAYING? ANY PIX YET?

6. BJT

BJT

Aug 9, 2004
    Capital letters!

7. jazzbassnerd

jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    It was a little over $9000. I'm using Spirochore Weich's. Pics will come when my life gets settled down. I played at the Monterey Jazz Festival and have to catch up on a week of homework. But I promiss them to you.

8. poalf

poalf

Feb 27, 2003
    Phoenix, Az
    Hey! That's my old bass!!! I really like that bass but I'm waiting on a Solano and couldn't justify three around the house (#3 is my old '63 Kay war horse.. a good friend from a previous life in Bluegrass).

Glad to see it went to a good home. Enjoy.....

9. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    I did not know there was such a thing. Now I have to ask, why?

az

10. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I know!...one of the cooler TB avatars I've seen. Great pic.

11. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    To match the cut away goaty :smug: way cool !

12. Humberto

Hey Guys, thanks for the welcome and I'm sorry about the CAPS on my very first post - I suppose it was inevitable for a newbie to do something
    stupid...

I'm delighted you noticed my strange bass - it's an old (50-60 years) czech plywood I rescued from the basement of City Music in Newark, N.J. back in 1972 for $100. It was beat to hell and looked terrible.

I took it to David gage last year after letting it sit in disrepair for a long, long time and Sam Finlay did his magic on it - and it sounds better than I ever imagined it could - thank God for dedicated luthiers and their skillful hands that make us sound good.

By the way, I shaved the goat a month ago. I love this forum and community of bassists!

13. jazzbassnerd

jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    Ok I finally got some pics. These are from Lemur's website (they post all of the basses they have on there). Thats why they look all professional. Only differences between the picture and the way it is now is that is has a Rosewood tailpiece (helps to get rid of the wolf), and Thomastik Spirochore's (sp?) on it. Still SOunding absolutely ridiculous.

Attached Files:

14. jazzbassnerd

jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    heres two more

Attached Files:

15. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    Sweeeeeeet!

az

16. Humberto

Man that's a gorgeous bass! I played an older Wilfer a little while ago and really like its dark tone. Good luck with your new love.