My First Guitar/Amp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GBPackersfan165, Jan 1, 2006.

1. GBPackersfan165

Jan 1, 2006
    Hello. I have decided to start playing Electric Bass and I wanted to know of what quality my bass and amp was. My bass is a 1980s Yamaha BB300 with a Lightweight P-style Body,21 Fret,34 inch Scale,Rosewood Fretboard, Maple Neck, and Split P-style Pickups. The amp is an old Peavey TNT 100 watt. I know some of you are vets and i figured some would know more than I do about these. Thank you.
  2. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    welcome to talkbass!

lol... i don't know anything about those. my best guess would be to do a search.
  3. zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    well those two makes are better than what i started out with..i think peavey and yamaha on the whole make good gear.
  4. Sounds like you've got a nice setup, IMO. Welcome to TB, and happy playing!

5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA

Congratulations on your choice of musical endeavorship.

If the bass is in good condition, make sure that you hang on to it. The Yamaha BB's are great basses.

The amp will get you by for a while. Peavey has a rock solid reputaion for dependability/reliability. Hang onto it too since it will always be a good garage band/practice amp. When you start playing gigs though, you will want to look for something with a bit more power.

P.S. Remember to fill out your profile! :)