1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My First Night with the Fender Bassman 300 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Buddah999, May 16, 2011.

1. Buddah999

Buddah999

Oct 29, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    First of all, I want to say i'm an idiot...

Biggest gig of my carrier (playing for one of only 2 venues in South florida that host touring acts) and I decide to change everything in my set up. New Strings, fresh batteries in the bass and the wireless, and a new head i've never giged with.

I've always said "Better the devil you know, then the devil you dont" so I never change my settings on anything. But something in me said "If my batteries go out at any gig in my life... it would be tonight"... So I played brand new everything, excepth for my trusty Warick NT Thumb.

I figgured "I'll get a soundcheck to dial in my stage volume tone so I'll be ok"...

Nope. Didnt happen. Three notes to make sure the mic worked, and they were like "Ok, your good!"

So I got the eq and tone good at my house, but the volume was at .75 on the volume knob. i turned it to one, and it rattled my light fixtures... litterally... Seeing as this is only the 2nd time using a tube amp I knew with more volume, it would change the sound.

Once we kicked into the first song, I couldnt hear sh!t... I was buried in the mix. I wasnt coming through the monitors at all, and I almost paniced.

Then I found the bright switch.

Game over...

This was everything I dreamed this amp would be. I got clarity with punchy mids (through a 2x15 none the less) and the sub lows blossiming underneath... Got alittle bit of grit by blending the clean and dirty chanels together. My stage volume was on 2... and it was LOUD. This is the greatest amp I've ever played. I will play this heavy pig for as long as I play music (unless I get endorsed =P). I'm thinking about picking up an 8x10 and a 4x12 and playing them together. Since I have the power to do it... :hyper::hyper::bassist:

So there it is my fellow bassists... Last saturday... I found my holy grail.

\m/(>.<)\m/

2. Jus picked up a fender bassman 300 pro and all the years of putting high end compressors and other crap into my signal chain with my fender 1200 pro and dimeing different settings to achieve a certain kind of sound and still feel as thought it's not quite there. My vision was easily achieved with a little tube goodness and some light compression. The 300 pro is truly a marvelous amp hats off to fender and sunn I love mine to death as well sounds amazing with my fretless 6 string Warwick nt thumb