My First Pro Band.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, Mar 19, 2005.

1. :smug:

I'm attending the first practice this afternoon with a blues/rock band starting up in my local area. I was recommended to the guy setting it up by a bass player friend of mine who was asked to do it, but turned it down due to other committments, so I was already stoked at the idea before I rang the guy up. :D

He reckons we'll play stuff like Renee Geyer, Bonnie Raitt, Debbie Harry, Concrete Blondes, etc., which is cool, 'cos it's not difficult to play and I probably won't have to practice a great deal to get the songs down (I'm studying last year of high school - Year 12 = stress central)

I was wondering if any of us here at TB are doing anything similar, and if they have anything to share - it also being my first pro band (I've only every played within my school), is there anything important I should keep in mind while I take on this challenge? :D

Thanks in advance. :smug:
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sounds like you've got a girl singer in the band. We've had one in every band I've been in, and it works, sometimes. Hopefully, you won't get a "diva" (most overused word along with hero and genius). If you get two girls, quit. Soon.
  3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Steph, Some day were all gonna be sayin we knew that steph chick when she posted on TB, and now shes busy on her world tour, hosting TRL, and has her own line of instructional videos! Just don't forget us , and say Hi everyonce in a while after you hit the big time!
  4. No worries there, the singer's a nice woman (fairly old... I guess... I mean, she's not a geriatric but she's not in her 20's either), she's done the circut and is in this band 'cos she wants to do something she really likes (she's the drummer's [the guy who called me] wife).
    I already know what divas are like, we've got plenty at school. :rolleyes:

Burk - don't worry about that, I'm keeping my feet firmly on the ground! How could I forget TB, where I've learnt so many things and will definitely learn more over the course of my career!? :D