Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My First Project

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silent method, May 15, 2005.

1. Hey guys! I'm sure I am going to get a lot of flamming here but please bear in mind the purpose of this project was for me to learn basic bass repair skills and create somthing that was personal and custom. I knew going into this that I would not end up with a great bass, or even a good one but so far it has been soo much fun to work on and I have learned so much. Anyway here it is so far.
    [​IMG]

It started out as a 1979 Series 830 Hondo P bass and is slowly becoming a fun toy to play with. I have done all the work myself and considering that before this I didn't even know how to change strings I am very proud. I upgraded the picgaurd/pots/input jack/bridge/bridge cover/strings and I am still working on it. I just thought it would be fun to share. enjoy!

2. golden_boy

golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
    its looking nice. Where did you get all your parts from? ebay?

i am thinking of buying a wrecked bass and doing it up :) Once I have some money lol

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Heh, no flames here. Brings back fond memories for me as this was the first bass I ever played and owned! Wish I still had it. Mine played like crap but I'm sure that it could have been better with some tweaking and a good setup. Served me well for a year or two back in 82...

4. Thanks, I actually got all the parts including the bass from talkbass members! (well all but the bridge cover and strings)

5. Thanks man, as far as playablity goes it isnt too bad. I think with a little more work it should serve me pretty well.