Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first public recording, give it a listen

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Brilliant Fool, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Well, I'm hesitant to post this as I'm not that experienced of a bassist. With a little over a year of playing under my belt I think I'm doing ok. Bass is my first string instrument and... now I'm just procrastinating.

This is a little solo-doodad I made up on the spot (which makes me smile) for a friend, it occured to me that it's not that bad.

Have a listen and critique me relentlessly. :)

2. I attached the sound clip, it took forever to upload... Why isn't it showing up?

Do I need external hosting for audio files?

:(

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    that's 324 Kilobytes

also known as 324k and 324kb

.mp3 are acceptable, .wav, .aif .WMA .aac .ogg are not.

it's all there, when you got to attach a file. I don't understand why so many people have a problem with this.

generally the longer it is the harder it will be to meet these requirements.

when it's compressed to .mp3 the size will be cut down substantially based on your settings, you COULD fit maybe a minute at 64kbps compression, but it wouldn't sound that great.

that's your call though, whatever you can do to get it under 324k, go for it.

otherwise you will need to host it somewhere and link to it from there.

www.mp3.com

www.soundclick.com

might be able to help you out there.

or find someone with free webspace they wouldn't mind sharing a little of.