My First Recording at Home...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MWBass, Jan 9, 2006.

1. MWBass

Jun 19, 2005
    New Brunswick

I just finished my first recording on my personal computer. About two months ago I got the Steinberg Cubase System 4 and yesterday I finally decided to get into it and learn how to use it.

I recorded Yngwie Malmsteen's version of Paginini's Fifth Caprice. I recently retranscribed it for bass and finally felt confident enough to attempt recording it. Unfortunately, I could not upload the cleanest version, file was way too big, so I made an extremely crappy mixdown, so that I could upload it. Also, I only played the song at 120 BPM. Yngwie's version was recorded at 160 bpm, and it boggles my mind everytime I hear it.

So, its crappy, sounds almost live, but its there. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Also, I was proabably supposed to post this in the recordings section, but I know a bunch of the guys in here, thats why I put it here.

Later on...

2. That is very, very nice! Congrats on your playing and on getting the recorder working.

PS However... in addition to the fancy stuff, make sure you can play 'My Girl' in time so you can get some gigs! :) :bassist: :)
  3. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Verey cool.. thanks for posting.
  4. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Yeah, great. But can you do "Tush" by ZZ Top?? :D