Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first recordings:

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Well, here is my first recording. Right now, I am trying to create a melody that will fit the D E G D chord changes outlined by the high part in the recording. The melody is always what kills me :meh: Any ideas? (key is D min)

My new Essex fretless Jazz, straight into my comp soundcard, recorded with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.

(keep in mind, this is only after like a total of 3 hours practice on fretless, so don't hammer my intonation too much ;) )

http://www.geocities.com/tubanick04/fretless1.mp3

2. man, i wanted to hear your stuff, and then be the first to tell you that it rocks (i'm betting it does) but the link ain't workin'.:(

3. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Man, sorry about that. Geocities sucks a big one. I made an account at a better site earlier today, and uploaded my song, but it has to wait a day to be authorized by the site admin. As soon as it goes through, I'll repost the link. Sorry man.

4. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  5. sounds good man. i think if you develop that more, you should put some snare in the background, with brushes. that'd be cool.:cool: